Okay check out how damn festive I am with my background and suped upness of my blog...all this hard work and effort and I only have one freakin' follower...? This is shat...well, I know there are others who read it, as I have been told, but I mean, come on...I am more tempted to write exciting tales if I know I've got some sort of following going on...I think I am going to have to promote myself and email out my blog to the world so they can tune into my oh so exciting life!
Today I must touch on the life lesson that I learned today...I remember in some class that I took at one point we were discussing the controversial issue as to whether or not senior citizens should be let behind the wheel of a car. At what point to you take their privilege to drive away from them? Do you set a flat age rate? Or do you force them to take a driving test every year until they flunk? The answer my friends, is yes...we all know we hate to get behind gramps' Caddy in the fast lane on the freeway (where he has no business being, mind you). However, today was the icing on the cake.
I was cruising over to DSW to toture myself by "shopping" for shoes (shopping in quotations because i don't have money to actually make a purchase. I just like to buzz off the scent of a glorious pair of new shoes). Luckily there weren't any that I felt I couldn't live without out or it may have just left me depressed as I left the store. Anyway, as I am driving through the hellish shopping center (I used to work in this shopping center and i assure you it is one of the most poorly designed and full of the biggest idiots in the US), I stop for yet another pedestrian, but this time my path to move forward, once they had crossed, is impeded by a car that is now about to back up, and god knows they weren't going to let me get by first. As the car begins to back out, the driver has clearly not looked anywhere but in front of them (which is a pointless place to look, as we all know) because he is about 3 inches from running over a pedestrian on his passenger side. the woman stops, clearly pissed off that she was nearly squashed after her exciting shopping spree at Marshall's. Instead of backing away from the car like a normal human she stops dead in her tracks, I'm sure to make some sort of point to the driver that they nearly hit her, and stands 3 inches from the car as it continues to try to back out...I'm pretty sure the man driving had no idea she was standing there anyway until he got about halfway out of the spot and the pedestrian now decided she had wasted her time standing at the cars edge for the 4 min it took this guy to back up so she starts walking around the front of the car and suddenly i see her slam her palm on the car's hood to get the man's attention. At this point he was now backing into an armored truck with no cares in the world, the lady was sounding an alarm to warn him. All the time im ready to ram them all with my car for their lack of brain function. The man is finally out of the spot and I am relieved that we can finally get moving since we have about a 15 car pile-up behind me now...some intelligent individuals are jamming down lanes just to get around (I of course am stuck with nowhere to go). However, we don't go anywhere cause the geriatric is moving at 5mph through the lot (no exaggeration). Once he proceeds to turn on his blinker when rounding a curve (not a turn or corner, an actual curve on the road there is no left or right this is just the shape of the road) I have had enough. Luckily I blasted into a spot, but he unfortunately set the agenda for all old people...final decision these people need to take a BEHIND THE WHEEL driving test once a year. I dont' care if it's a damn inconvenience...we are all inconvenienced by their menacing driving tactics and lack of ability to see over the steering wheel! Someone notify Congress!!
3 comments:
Laughed out loud! Fantastic story telling powers.
ps- the word verification for this comment is "carag" haha!
Oh man, the hilarity! Cara, I loved that story-we have all been there, probably daily!
And yes, I will have to post a comment on every frickin entry since now that I am a "follower" I have that power! (also, we know I have no friends and no life!)
Oh man was this hilarious. I scream at drivers all day long and then feel bad when I see two wrinkled up old freckled arms hugging the steering wheel. I think, geez if some beotch yelled in her car at my mommy I'd kick some ass. I'm so quick to heap guilt on myself - such a good fair weathered Catholic.
Post a Comment