Tuesday, January 6, 2009

GB

So I had to take another trip to the hippie bookstore today because the line yesterday was outrageous when I had to go back. Today I made a special trip down there since I didn't have school I was able to wait in the, yet again, outrageous line. During my 40 min wait, I got a good look around at the place since it is only about 800 sq ft. I decided it was worth sharing. Below is a diagram for you to refer back to. I hope you can read the numbers and letters
okay lets begin the shenanigans:
  • A-backside of C: book shelves containing textbooks assigned by hippie instructors.
  • frontside of C-D: book shelves containing books ranging from socialism to living as a mexican miner (i don't know what kind of mines) to "Life Lessons From a Whore" and my personal favorite, gay poetry
  • 2: section of scumbag couches which were actually covered with couch covers hiding the evidence that they were probably picked up by the employees from goodwill or perhaps the side of the freeway after god knows what had been done on them. Nonetheless I was thinking how comfortable they looked in their protective sheath.
  • 1: Hard to read but it is next to shelf C, this was an interesting collection of postcards to perhaps send home to mom and dad during the school year. Personal fav was a male underwear model checking the scene down his chones.
  • 5: this is the front desk/cash register area that takes up about 42% of the entire store. Behind it is a cluttered hell-pit of shit.
  • 3: Magazine rack with some kind of student produced mags. Sign read something to the effect of "badass magazine right here". the sign was tempting, i wanted to give in.
  • 4: male emplyee aged c. 22 yelling "the printer is out of fucking paper". Underneath his prepped appearance i spotted the block letters of a Black Flag t-shirt, no lie in his hardcoreness that nested within.
  • 9: Strange array of jewelry and things that were handmade. Sign above indicated that 30% of purchase on these items would be sent back to some tribe or something that had made them.
  • 6: pierced lip, skeleton hoodie wearing, worst nightmare of her philipino parents girl at register. P.s. this is the register doning the sign for vegan condoms which I still have not seen in the store. Perhaps they keep this delicacy behind the counter.
  • 7: un-washed, curly hair boy who most definitely enjoys a good reefer.
  • 8: random microwave on top of filing cabinets which feature the head of Che, the Argentine Marxist revolutionist. (special thanks to Paige for telling me what his name is)
  • blue line: is the actual flow of the line I stood in...from register to end.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS WAS HILARIOUS!!
-cousing jamie

Anonymous said...

How you come up with this hilarity is beyond me. Would it be all right to announce in this forum our upcoming (I just broke the news to daddy-o - so far he is fine with it) evening out to tranny burlesque show in SD? Mo of course (and I would add any available partygoer) decided we should dress in costume since we had so much fun at Barb's 80's party. Mo's suggestions are 70's disco, 20's flapper, or Civil War. Hahahaha! I think I'll dress as Aunt Jamima. Paige, that room is mine so don't be trying to call dibs. You live in Brea now. I'm older, the senior guest and I will need to sleep in that room after a night of tranny burlesquing and costuming.

Love, love, love the blog. You should forget the whole anthro thing and be a journalist. Did I just say that? No, dear. Stick with the plan - PLEASE FINISH ALREADY! :)))))

Genie said...

Hilarious hippie store, make sure you become a writer along with the anthro forensics! Where is the hippie store?

Love you,
Mom

valentine's

Followers